Animal Control is being provided by the Oakland County Animal Control Division.
Clawson Code of Ordinances States:
Sec. 14-2. - Maximum number of dogs and cats.
No person shall own or harbor more than three dogs of the age of six months or over, except if such person is licensed as a kennel owner by the state; nor shall any person own or harbor more than three cats of the age of six months or over. (Ord. No. 691, 3-15-2011)
Visit Oakland County Pet Adoption for more information.
Dog Licensing Fees
All dogs must be licensed in the State of Michigan at the age of 4 months and older. In order to purchase a dog license, you must present proof of a current rabies vaccination. The deadline to purchase a dog license is June 1st of each year!
**Please click here to complete a fillable application for a dog license that you can drop off or mail to City Hall. Make sure you have a copy of your dogs rabies information along with payment!
NOTE: In order to purchase a 3-year license, your pet must have a 3-year rabies vaccine with an expiration date of at least two years from the current year (ex: a 3-year license purchased in 2018 must have an expiration date of 2020 or later).
Senior Citizen prices are for residents 65 years of age and older
Current Dog License - One Year (January 1, 2021 - June 1, 2021)
- Spayed/Neutered $10.50
- Male/Female (Intact) $18.00
- (Senior) Spayed/Neutered $9.75
- (Senior) Male/Female $16.50
- Spayed/Neutered $28.50
- Male/Female $51.00
- (Senior) Spayed/Neutered $26.25
- (Senior) Male/Female $46.50
- Spayed/Neutered $51.00
- Male/Female $66.00
- Senior Spayed/Neutered $49.50
- Senior Male/Female $63.00
Dog licenses are valid for a calendar year. Dog licenses go on sale December 1 though November 30 of each year. The above prices apply to dog licenses purchased from December 1 through June 1 of each year. On June 2 all Oakland County dog licenses become $33 regardless if the dog is altered or if the owner is a senior. The only exceptions to this fee are puppies that just turned 4 months of age, newly acquired dogs or new residents to the area.
You can purchase your dog’s license at the following:
- Any participating City/Township Office including City of Clawson
- Oakland County Pet Adoption Center at 1200 N. Telegraph Rd., Building 42E Pontiac, MI 48341 248.858.1070
- Any participating Veterinary Clinic within our service area
- On-line at www.oakgov.com/petadoption
Cat licenses are not required for Clawson residents.If you have any questions regarding licenses please contact the City of Clawson Clerk’s Office at 248.435.4500 ext. 116 or 118.
Overview of Services:
Please feel free to contact Oakland County Animal Control should you have a problem with any of the following:
- Animal Bites
- Dogs Running at Large
- Animal Cruelty
- Livestock Running at Large
- Questions Regarding the Licensing of Dogs
- Boarding, Breeding or Training Kennels
- Dogs Harassing, Injuring or Killing Livestock
- Dangerous Dogs
- Dog Fighting
- Large Carnivores or Wolf/Dog Crosses
- Suspected Rabies Cases
- Dead Dogs on Roadways
248.858.1070, 8:30am to 5:00pm, Monday through Friday or 248.858.4950 after hours emergencies only. The Division will respond to raccoons, bats or skunks inside the living quarters. Oakland County will not respond to nuisance wildlife nesting in attics or crawl spaces.
- Animal Control 248.858.1090
- Animal Shelter 248.858.1070
- Sheriff’s Department 248.858.4950