Clawson Public Schools Superintendent Search
Clawson Public Schools Announces
Superintendent Search Timeline
CLAWSON, MI. - The Clawson Schools Board of Education has started the process of selecting a new superintendent to replace Monique Beels, who announced her retirement effective June 30, 2018.
The School Board believes it is critical to have feedback from all constituents in the search for the next superintendent. An online survey is posted on the district website www.clawsonschools.org, which allows stakeholders to share their ideas and feedback on the characteristics they would like to see in the new superintendent. The online survey will close Monday, June 4.
The timeline below highlights the milestones in the search process. Members of the community are invited to attend these meetings, which will be held at Clawson Middle School Media Center, 150 John M. Street, Clawson. Additional meetings to solicit input from district staff members are also planned.
- Thursday, May 31, 7:00 p.m. - Community Input Session
- Monday, June 11, 7:00 p.m. - Board Workshop: Finalize Candidate Profile
- Thursday, July 19, 7:00 p.m. - Board Workshop: Interview Preparation
- Tuesday/Wednesday, July 31 and August 1, 6:00 p.m. - Special Board Meetings, First Round Interviews
- Tuesday, August 14, 6:00 p.m. - Special Board Meeting, Final Interviews
The Board is being assisted in its search by the Michigan Association of School Boards (MASB), a service organization that supports the work of school boards throughout Michigan.
For additional information, call (248) 655-4411.