Oakland County Information
- Oakland Livingston Human Services Agency
- Oakland County Clerk & Register of Deeds Online
- Oakland County Treasurer
- Oakland County Probate Court
- Oakland County District Court - 52-4
Oakland County Home Improvement Loan Program
Qualified homeowners may receive interest-free loans of up to $18,000 to make needed home repairs, including barrier free access and energy saving upgrades. There are no monthly payments and the total loan is due and payable only when you no longer live in your home.Oakland County staff is with you all the way from helping you apply for the loan to overseeing all repair work and paying pre-screened contractors.
To qualify, you must:
- Own and live in your own home in Oakland County (the City of Lake Angelus, Novi Township, Southfield Township and Village of Bingham Farms do not participate in the program).
- Meet gross household income limits set by the federal government
Repairs must result in the home being "decent, safe and sanitary." Based on home improvement needs, financial situation and availability of funds at the time of application, eligible improvements may include:
- Have needed improvements that are
eligible under the program
- Barrier-free Access
- Basement Waterproofing
- Electrical System
- Heating System
- Septic System
- Structural Defect
- Water and Sewer Line
Income is based on the total gross income of all family members in the household.
*The numbers below are effective April 2017
HUD Section 8 Income Limits Effective April 2017 and subject to change.
Oakland County staff will help determine needed repairs, request bids from licensed and insured contractors, assist in contractor selection and monitor the work to assure a quality job. For information call the Oakland County Home Improvement Program at 248.858.5401 or toll free at 1.888.350.0900 x 85401 or access the website at Oakland County Community Home & Improvement