November 7, 2017 General Election
- Absentee Ballots will be available after September 23, 2017.
- Last day to Register is Tuesday, October 10, 2017.
- Write-in candidates file Declaration of Intent forms by Friday, October 27, 2017 by 4:00pm.
- Last day for Electors who wish to receive an Absentee Ballot is Saturday, November 4, 2017 by 2:00pm.
- Electors qualified to obtain an Absentee Ballot may vote in person at the Clerk’s Office on Monday, November 6, 2017 by 4:00pm.
- All Absentee Ballots must be received before the close of the polls on Election Day (Tuesday, November 7, 2017).
- Tuesday, November 7, 2017 – Polls Open 7:00am to 8:00pm.
To find our more information on opening your Candidate Committee please contact Oakland County - Elections Division: www.oakgov.com/clerkrod/elections or at 248-858-0564
Nominations for Mayor and Council will be accepted until Tuesday, July 25, 2017 by 4:00 p.m. at the City of Clawson office of the City Clerk, 425 N. Main Street, Clawson MI 48017, 248-435-4500 ext. 116 or 118. In accordance with MCL 168.644e as amended under PA 276 of 2012 all city level candidate filing deadlines are now governed under State law.
- Mayor – vote for one – two year term
- Council – vote for two – four year terms
Qualifications – City Charter:
- A citizen of the United States
- A registered elector of the City of Clawson
What to File:
- Affidavit of Identity
- Affidavit of Eligibility for Office
- Non-Partisan City Nominating petitions containing not less that twenty-five (25) nor more than fifty (50) registered electors of the City of Clawson
When to File:
- Deadline is no later than 4:00 p.m., on Tuesday, July 25, 2017
- By 4:00 p.m. on Friday, July 28, 2017
- All candidates are required to have or create a Candidate Committee. New candidates must complete the Statement of Organization and file with the Oakland County Clerk within 20 days of becoming a candidate. It is your responsibility to contact the County Clerk at 248-858-0563 to determine what requirements you may be subject to regarding campaign finance. You should do this prior to filing for office, expending money, advertising, or placing signs in support of your campaign to avoid any possible fines.