RFP for City Manager Search
At the Wednesday, January 2nd, 2019 meeting, the Council approved the selection of Amy Cell LLC to provide the Executive Manager Search. Click on the following link to review their proposal and timeline. For more information contact City Clerk Michael Smith at 248.435.4500 ext. 118 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
CITY OF CLAWSON
REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS
City Manager Candidate Search
B. Preparation and Submittal Instructions – Official submittal of the proposal shall consist of one original proposal clearly marked “Original” and four (4) paper copies of the proposal enclosed in a sealed envelope and sent to City of Clawson, Clerk’s Office, 425 N. Main Street, Clawson, MI 48017. The deadline for receipt of the proposal is December 27th at 10:00 a.m. The envelope shall show the notation “Executive Search Firm - City Manager Candidate Search” in the lower right hand corner. Only sealed proposals will be accepted. Faxed proposals will be rejected
C. Statement of Qualifications – the City is seeking to contract with a competent and experienced recruiting firm.
1. Firm Overview
Each statement of qualifications submittal must include:
A. Brief profile of the firm, and the qualifications and resumes of the professionals who will work directly on this recruitment.
B. Description of the firm’s approach to executive recruitment
C. A list and descriptions of any lawsuits filed against the firm during the preceding three years and any litigation currently pending or threatened in conjunction with the type of services described herein.
2. Qualifications and experience
A. Description of the firm’s executive search experience in Michigan and nationally with respect to local government executive level recruitment
3. Project Proposal
A. Outline of the process and methodology to be utilized.
B. Potential timeline with milestones.
4. Details regarding recruitment guarantee agreement.
D. Evaluation Criteria – The proposals received will be evaluated and ranked according to the following criteria:
- 25%: A statement of qualifications, history and experience of the firm to include identification of all key personnel who will be assigned to the project and the specific role of each individual.
- 25%: An explanation of the firm’s objectives and approach to the candidate search including an outline of the process and methodology to be utilized, along with a timeline by which the processes will occur.
- 25%: A list of client references, specifically from executive searches for the position of City Administrator or City Manager.
- 25%: The cost of associated fees and expenses for the project, including but not limited to rates and estimated hours.
Michael D. Smith
City Clerk | City of Clawson